Default Comment Restrictions for Jira offers two ways to configure the app. A global configuration which is applied to all project at once and a project configuration which is only applied to one project. You can use either or both configuration methods to configure Default Comment Restrictions to fit your needs.
The global configuration will be applied to all projects but can be overridden by a project specific configuration.
- Go to
- Look at the menu bar at the left of the screen and click on "Configure" under "Default Comment Restrictions"
- Here you can manage the global configuration of the app by setting a global default comment restriction or setting group specific comment restrictions.
When you want to use project specific configuration for a project you'll override the global configuration for that project. Only the settings set for that project will be used and the global configuration will be ignored. This only affects the project where you've chosen to use project specific configurations, all your other projects will still use the global configuration.
- Go the project you want to create a project specific configuration for.
- Click on the configuration button in the project side bar on the left side of your screen.
- Click on "Default Comment Restrictions" in the configuration menu.
- Here you can manage the project configuration of the app by setting a project default comment restriction or setting group specific comment restrictions.
- After creating your project configuration check the "Overwrite global configuration" checkbox to apply the settings to the current project.